Friday, November 26, 2010

A Prayer

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving. Here on the blog, I'm going back to basics. I'm delving into my journal - which NO ONE ever gets to read (yes, you should feel special) to share excerpts from my prayer last night:

Father, I can't thank You enough for people, opportunities, for my very life. Thank You for Christ. Thank You for using His blood to make me clean and whole, God. Thank You. You are so good to me. You are my everything, Lord. No matter where I am, You're here. You're waiting to sweep me off my feet - the only one who can, the only one who knows me. You know all my failures, even the ones I haven't had yet. You know my doubts, my fears. But you know my hopes and dreams, too God; You know my deep desire to love You more. My heart is so full of love that's it's taking my breath away; it's coming out my eyes in salty wet tears. I close my eyes and see You on the coross. I try to imagine what You felt to love like that. And the love in my heart boils over. I adore You, Lord. Savior, I worship at Your throne. I bring myself and the song of my life - praise to You and Your glory. Here I am, Father. I'm here to know and cherish You, and love You with every beat of my heart. In the Name of the precious Christ Jesus my Lord, Amen.

I wrote that ^^ while listening to this:


Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.Worship the LORD with gladness;come before Him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His;we are His people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment