Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I trust You

This morning, I read Numbers again. I saw how fickle the human heart is - we are impatient, wandering children for life. 
The Israelites had the cloud to cover them and a pillar of fire to lead them. And yet they doubted God.

How long will this people despise me? And how long will they not believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have done among them? Numbers 14:11 

I see that in myself. How many times has The Lord proven Himself faithful and yet I can't seem to trust Him. 

Thomas Harley writes in Some
Birds Sing in Winter, "if we are hardened in here and unwilling to trust in The Lord, no matter how many miracles he brings before us, we will still not believe" 

So today at yoga I set my intention, "I trust You" (I still don't know what intentions are supposed to be but whatever).  During final relaxation I repeated it, and felt God respond - "I am trustworthy". Over and over again, "I trust You" "I am trustworthy".  Trustworthy is who He is, and He cannot deny Himself. And if He cannot deny Himself, He will never betray our trust. 

O Lord, please help this unbelief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment