Friday, November 14, 2014

Sin and Longing

For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more. Hosea 2:17 

Last night, I was really hit by the weight of my sin. I see so many ways in which I need Jesus. In Hosea, God promises to make Israel forget the names of her idolatrous gods. I see how I reject God and can't even imagine the glory of what it will be to not even be able to remember what those other things were. Think about that one! And it made me long for heaven and for redemption of my body in a way I haven't in quite awhile. It's when you're faced with the reality of how far you have to go in sanctification that you see the wonder and joy in a life without sin. I wrote a haiku based on this longing and the picture of its fulfillment

Christ makes all things new 
And we can trust Him in full 
Because He is truth. 

And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new". Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true" Revelation 21:5 

On that day when freed from sinning 
I shall see thy lovely face 
Clothed then in blood washed linen 
I will sing thy sovereign grace 

Come my Lord no longer tarry 
Take my ransomed soul away 
Send thine angles now to carry 
Me to realms of endless day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment