Monday, November 3, 2014

Guide to Working Out at Darkbreak


It's fall, and it's Seattle, which means it is dark until almost 8am. It's also usually wet and quite chilly so working out in the morning requires preparation. This method has been working for me, although I've definitely woken up for a 6am class and then opted for the 8:30 instead. Listen to your body and go with the flow. 

Step 1: Quit watching Cupcake Wars or Harry Potter at a reasonable time, no matter how awesome your roommates are. 

Step 2: Set alarm with quality wake up music. Bonus for putting alarm across the room for your bed. 


Step 3: Gather all necessary clothing items (leave shoes by the door with your keys and water bottle. Filling water bottle is unnecessary and can be done at the gym. 

(Hey, I didn't say it had to be pretty) 

Step 4 (conditional depending on activity type/location): Open class reservation page in web browser for easy access in the morning. 

Step 5: Put away electronic devices. I strongly encourage the use of a bedside lamp for winding down reading or journaling. 

Step 6: Turn out lights and sleep well. 

Step 7: Alarm goes off. Reserve your space in class. Now you have to go. I like to do this in the morning instead of the night before just in case of a terrible night of sleep or sudden illness. 

Step 8: Bathroom and drink of water 

Step 9: Clothes and hair 

Step 10: I like to grab a small portion of almonds or sunflower seeds and a small glass of water. 

Step 11: Shoes on and out the door. 

I haven't had a just for fun post in awhile so I thought I'd get one out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment