Sunday, November 2, 2014

And After Giving Thanks

Happy November! Now that I'm not blogging every day, I feel like y'all have missed so much. And I only managed to skip one day.

Where to start?

I forgot to say that in my personal goal to say grace at least three times daily, I want to focus on all of Chester's points. It has already been enriching as I thank God for something as simple as the pita in the Lord's supper - for the plants that grew it to the harvesters to the bakers to the packaging to the stocking to the buying to the cutting and preparing. There's a lot that goes in to the food we eat.

Next up, this morning, I had a fantastic TRX class. It was much more cardio intensive than other TRX workouts I've done, and the instructor (a sub) was the perfect motivator for me. I haven't really pushed myself in a long time, and he got me to do things I had no idea were possible for me. I worked much harder than I have...probably since cross country ended to be honest.

After that, I hit a nice hot shower and listened to a new favorite song of mine. I am in no way blankly endorsing Chris Tomlin (T and I had a nice chat about some of our theological and heart concerns about him), but this song is really great.

At the Cross (Love Ran Red) 

There's a place where mercy reigns and never dies,
There's a place where streams of grace flow deep and wide.
Where all the love I've ever found,
Comes like a flood,
Comes flowing down.

[Chorus:]
At the cross
At the cross
I surrender my life.
I'm in awe of You
I'm in awe of You
Where Your love ran red
and my sin washed white.
I owe all to You
I owe all to You Jesus.

There's a place where sin and shame are powerless.
Where my heart has peace with God and forgiveness.
Where all the love I've ever found.
Comes like a flood,
Comes flowing down.

[Chorus]

Here my hope is found
Here on holy ground
Here I bow down
Here arms open wide
Here You save my life
Here I bow down
Here I bow down

[Chorus]


Finally, I went to church. It was another love my church kind of day. It's hard to communicate what makes it so lovely to me. The list in my journal today says things like 

belting voices 
acapella hymns 
when Alyssa asks how my mom is at the same time I ask how her dad is 
when someone gets out of their car just to make sure they didn't cut you off 
kids filling in extra seats
violet handing off her empty cups
pastors passionate about Jesus and His word and getting everyone to live, breathe and share the gospel 

I love that every Sunday, I see the evidences of what happens when Jesus saves sinners.

A lot of thanks  to be given today.

No comments:

Post a Comment