Thursday, October 9, 2014

Remember Jesus, who sits at the right hand of the Majesty on high

After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high  Hebrews 1:3

In my Bible, there are three words here that I can hardly read because of how they've been thickly underlined and circled: he sat down.

I read those words and it helps me remember: Jesus saved me from my sin, and then He sat down. There is nothing more that I can do than to believe in him and be saved.

Take a pause to remember this moment -

When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, "It is finished" and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. Matthew 19:30 

Jesus declared that the atonement was finished. There was nothing left that we could do, and thus we have Jesus who sat down. His death is sufficient to bring many sons to glory.

For Christ suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit  1 Peter 3:18 

For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. Romans 6:10 

Here we see that it's not just His sitting that matters to us, but where He sits. Jesus lives. He is with the Father, together from the beginning. As we read yesterday in Hebrews 9, Jesus lives to make intercession for us. Although there is no need for continued atonement for sin, He is still working for our good and His glory form His communion with the Father in heaven -

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again and take you to myself. John 14:3 

Let us remember that we have been saved, and that we are yet to be saved fully. Jesus took His place in heaven as atonement concluded and sanctification began.

No comments:

Post a Comment