Tuesday, May 13, 2014

When Being A Grown Up is Not That Fun

I had a roses and sunshine kind of vacation, full and satisfying and wonderful.

And then I came back and everything exploded.

I have the opportunity to shift gears at work, but one of my bosses does not want me to stop coaching. She is known for getting people to do things they don't want to do, being very convincing, and making a lot of false promises. I'm really stressed out about this, and although we haven't even had our meeting yet, she's already trying to manipulate the situation. It's incredibly frustrating.

I was thinking on all this, and I remembered a quote from The Great Divorce

"For the saved, where present experience saw only salt deserts, memory truthfully records that the pools were full of water" 

This must be my hope - that as uncomfortable and unfun as things are right now, I will look back and say, "The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, indeed I have a beautiful inheritance" Psalm 16:6

But y'all, feel free to pray for me :) I'll keep you posted as things shake out.

No comments:

Post a Comment