Friday, May 2, 2014

Just Ask!

This week, I've spent a lot of time thinking and talking about prayer with other believers. One thing that kept coming up was our ability to ask God for anything and everything! He is our Father and wants to hear the desires of our heart.

This morning, I read Luke 11 -

What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him! (11-13) 

Today, I had an illustration from a 5-year old when I went to take her to kindergarten. She had no hesitations in asking me for what she wanted:

- Can I sit on your lap?
- Will you give me a piggy back ride to the car?
- Can we get a cold bottle of water on the way to school?
- Can you sleepover sometime?
- Will you roll down the window?

She didn't think about her requests, she just made them known. And doesn't God want to hear from us? He won't give us things that aren't good for us, meaning, He won't give us anything that will take away our joy in Him, but He does know how to give good gifts. So we can come to Him for anything, because Jesus is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment