Friday, May 9, 2014

Club Van Galder

I wrote this on my way into Beloit on Wednesday:

Driving up from the airport, there was an overwhelming rush of familiarity, coupled immediately with the feeling that I don't belong here anymore. I haven't heard "Pictures of Egypt" in ages, and yet its words immediately came to mind. 

The places that used to fit me 
Can't hold the things I've learned
Those roads were closed off to me 
While my back was turned 

This trip, these last several weeks have been so reflective of the honest desires of my heart. I long for Jesus, wherever I might need to be in order to have the greatest joy in Him. I've been in Seattle almost a year now, and it's been such an exercise in trusting The Lord. He keeps making my paths straight and showing me more of His glory. And He's showing me how He's using me, and how He wants to, and I am so thankful for and humbled by what I are. My Jeus is so good to me. 

And all of this is not to say that I'm not excited to be here; rather that "I have found a friend in Jesus and He is everything to me". I am clay in His hands, to do with as He pleases. I take what He gives with open hands and when He takes again, I release with the knowledge that what I had was never really mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment