Monday, May 26, 2014

I Will Take My Stand

We're now studying Habakkuk on Thursday mornings - less than 2 weeks in, and it's already awesome!

In verses 12-17, Habakkuk is making himself known to God, asking why He's standing by and just watching all this iniquity and evil go unpunished.

Right at the beginning of chapter 2, before the Lord does respond to Habakkuk, here's what the prophet says:

I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me, and what I will answer concerning my complaint. 

Habakkuk had cast his burdens onto the Lord; he's made known his petitions and requests, and now he is going to wait patiently before Him. That's not always easy. We like knowing right away. But I have seen how God has given me grace and peace while I wait for Him. And it's so life-giving. I love when I'm anxious or stressed and I pray, and my situation doesn't change, but in stead Christ changes my attitude. Like in Psalm 23 - He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment