Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Babes babes babes

This is just a shout out to the dozens of babies being born in my life right now. It's crazy and it's filling my world and the whole universe with cuteness. The number of pregnant moms at the gym, the multitude of nursing moms at church, not to mention my aunt and Caco-bean who are also getting ready to have more babies...it's just unreal!

Yesterday, I went to visit a family from church. They have a bright birdie-loving three year old girl, and recently gave birth to a sweet, sleepy little boy. They asked for volunteers to bring meals over, and I volunteered because I love the church and cooking and babies. When I went over, daddy was holding baby and mommy and little girl were deciding where to hang her artwork. Daddy asked if I wanted to hold baby. I haven't held a baby that small (8 days old) in forever and never standing up! So as little girl danced around me, modeling her new dresses, and mom and I talked about how she's doing, I held baby boy and found myself swaying and rocking him. Little girl kept finding things to show baby boy; she is an enthusiastic big sister, ready to teach little brother everything she knows. I was very nervous holding the little one, but when he got hungry and realized I could not help him, I gave him back to mom and felt myself missing that weight.

That weight was replaced a number of hours later by 4-year old Ava, who loves being carried around the gym while her brother finishes class. Of course, she always thanks me with a kiss on the cheek.

love the kids


No comments:

Post a Comment