Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spirit Lead Me

So, for about a year, the song "Oceans" (Where Feet May Fail) has been HOT. I'd only heard it once or twice before yesterday, but it's been posted as statuses in my newsfeed about a hundred or so times.

Yesterday, for some reason, I woke up with the bridge in my head...roughly, because I didn't really know the words. The first thought of the day, recorded in my journal, was

Take me deeper than my feet (heart?) could wander...?  
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior 

I plunged into Deuteronomy, a book I actually really enjoy, and was struck by this passage:

And when the Lord your God brings you into the land that he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give you - with great and good cities that you did not build, and houses full of all good things that you did not fill and cisterns that you did not dig and vineyards that you did not plant - and when you eat and are full, then take care lest you forget the Lord, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 6:10-12

I read this and remembered Jesus, and grace. It is by grace you have been saved; you do nothing and you get everything.

I carried this with me to work at the preschool.

And then, my world was rocked.

I was given the opportunity for a long-term career and life in Seattle. It comes at a time when I am making some other big decisions, and this could either be a deterrent or an answer.

As I prayed through indoor playground supervision, and talked to Elizabeth, verses came to mind - I didn't have their references - I was just thinking something about not turning to the left or to the right. I found two passages that fit the bill (thanks google!)

 Let your eyes look directly forward and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your feet away from evil. Proverbs 4:25-27

And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher and your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way. Walk in it", when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, "Be gone!" Isaiah 30:20-22

And then, I started to sing

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me 
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger 
In the presence of my Savior 

I flipped back in my journal and saw that had been the first thought of the day. What wondrous love is this!

The 1,187th thing I love about best friend is that she can help me figure out exactly how I feel without in any way telling me how to feel.

So with all this, I'm not saying I made a decision, as I asked for three weeks, but I don't feel so anxious and in knots the way I did at first.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment