Thursday, April 11, 2013

Love Perseveres

At my symposium today, I said that love perseveres even when it's not reciprocated.

I love love love 1 Corinthians 13 and all that it says about enduring love.

It's yadda love

Everlasting love

But sometimes, it's hard.

It's hard to care about someone who gives you one-word responses and tells you to stop checking in every day. It's hard to continue to devote yourself to someone who thanks friends profusely for spending an hour or two with her and doesn't acknowledge what it took for you to be at her reach for an entire week, holding her hand and feeding her ice chips at 4am and throughout a sleepless night.

I was reading through my personality profile again, because I remembered something about my ISTJ style (introverted, sensing, thinking, judging)

"ISTJs have a strong sense of loyalty and responsibility to their families and relationships.

They tend to express their caring through actions rather than words and assume that others will notice.

ISTJS may have difficulty making sense of needs that differ widely from their own. However, once they are convinced that something matters to a person they care about, that need becomes a reality they must deal with, whether it makes sense to them or not; they then will go to generous lengths to meet the need"

I really like this part of my personality. It's a built-in reminder that love will persevere no matter what.

Love never ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment