Friday, June 24, 2011

The Prayer Closet

It is so important for me to have a special sacred place where I can visit the Lord and not be distracted by any of life’s demands. Before I went to college and my sister swapped rooms with me, it was a literal closet, albeit one that had no door. Now, though, it is under a tree at a nearby park. I can’t really explain why it’s that tree or how it became the place; I was just drawn to it. Every day, rain or shine, I spend some time there, worshipping, digging into the Word, and making my requests known to God.

Today, I was full of hurt and sadness, and came to God for healing and confirmation of His promises. The Lord spoke so clearly into my heart the unfailing nature of His love and faithfulness. He told me that even when I can’t see, I have to believe He is leading me, working in my life, and healing the brokenness that overwhelms by soul.




Lord, my soul is overwhelmed. Never before have I realized how thick this tension is. Lord, I believe that You heal, and I believe You make my paths straight, and I believe You are in control. And I have such immeasurable joy in the truth of Your promises, Father. I rejoice in all of Your blessings, including those that come with temporary burdens and pains. I love who You are; I surrender myself at Your feet. I trust that You are good and You are in control. But still, I weep. I long for my sister and parents to really know You. They are chasing things that will never satisfy them. They are looking for Your comfort, perfection and stability in flawed people and pursuits. They are blind, yet think they can see, Lord. They are deaf but are content to move through live without joyful music of triumph. Lord I simply cannot go any further like this. Relieve me of my burden and carry me. Savior, I lift up to You this weight on my heart, all that is distracting me from Your glory. I give You my life Lord to with what You will. Not my will Father, but Yours. Whatever it takes, Lord, whatever it takes for continual praise to stream from my lips, for Your grace to radiate Your Spirit inside me. Inhabit me, Lord. My life is of no value to myself for I do not do what is good. Lord, You are all that is good. Take my life and use it to further Your Kingdom and Christ’s glory. Forever I will worship You. You are my everything, Lord, and at every point in my live, You are faithful, strong and true. With boldness I humbly receive in Christ my Savior, Amen.

Hearken unto this, O Job: Stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. Job 37:14

For if, when we were enemies, we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Romans 5:10-11

The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued to extend faithful love to you. Jeremiah 31:3

No comments:

Post a Comment