Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nothing Is Impossible

I was praying tonight, and a simple bridge from a song kept playing over and over in my head:

Nothing is impossible, nothing is impossible, nothing is impossible for You

The more I though about it, I realized that that phrase has two meanings. The first is the one that I most often think of, “there is no thing that is impossible; there is nothing that you can’t do”. But the second meaning is the one that really caught me. Put in more words, it says, “it is impossible for nothing to happen”

Think about it. When you surrender yourself to Jesus and decide you want to be under God’s will, things are going to change. Everything – what you do, what you like, what you want, the very depths of who you are. It is impossible for you to be under grace and stay exactly the same as before. You will not be perfect, you will fall, but you will not remain unchanged. I look at people like my grandfather, who is now as social as can be and finds joy in a men’s Bible study and plays Christian music in his car. I look at my friend Brian, who went from too proud to care to humbly accepting defeat and finding victory not in himself, but in Christ. And I think of myself, who is moving further away from self-centeredness every day.

All of our sin is disease. It is brokenness. But the Lord is our Healer. He is Rapha , God Who Heals. His name is Jesus.



I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24

For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment