Friday, June 10, 2011

100th Post!

I didn't even realize it when I was writing it, but I had already decided to copy a prayer from my journal last night. I'm really amazed at all God has done in my life, and how many stories I've heard of how He's touched all of you readers. The Lord has been revealing Himself to me in ways I can't keep quiet.

Sometimes I tremble, Lord, when I read Your word. You are so present. I am in awe when I I see You faithfulness from the old covenant to the new. Reading a verse and then seeing it come to life serves to remind me of how spectacular Your plan for Your creation really is. God, I love You. I love not having to be worried about my words sounding "right" to You, Lord. I can say whatever comes to mind, and I know You gladly hear me. I'm so happy in Your presence, Lord; I can feel Your overwhelming love and joy. And then I cry, Father, because of Your beauty. Beauty that's made even more wondrous through pain - like Jesus on the cross. That cross is etched to carefully into the entire world, and my own heart. That kind of love just has no comparison. You, Lord, are wonderful, and with all that I am I will praise You, in every way I know how. By Your grace and the blood of the Lamb, Amen



And these are the verses that inspired me ( I was reading them in French, but I'll be nice and give you the English )

Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:4

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice: “ Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!” And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “ Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” Revelation 5:11-13

Isn't is incredible to see how we're told to praise the Lord, and then in the end, that's exactly what we all do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment