Sunday, June 5, 2011

Arms That Hold The Universe

Yesterday, I went out for a nice, short, easy run. It was hot and wicked humid, but I was kind of relazing into it. On my way home, I heard a woman yelling; she was walking 5 dogs, and one of them was about to run into the street. I was right there, so I went to go keep it from getting run over, so the little dog of course ran the opposite direction. Once it realized I was trying to catch it, it darted off, leaving me sprinting after this stranger's dog. I can still make out her cries - she's almost hysterical at this point - and I am getting tired. But, I finally catch the dog and have to back track quite a ways to reach the woman. And, naturally, I am significantly further away from home. But that woman was so thankful that I found her dog for her; when she hugged me it made it all worth it because I saw how much that animal was loved and valued by her. I don't like dogs or animals all that much, but to her, this was incredibly important.

And I thought about how precious we all are in the eyes of the Lord. Even those most unreached, most blind to the Truth, running the furthest and fastest away from Him, He wants. He so desperately wants to lead us, to have us trust Him as our protection and our source. He wants to take care of us, He wants us to be obedient. We are so blessed, so privileged to rest in Jesus' arms for eternity. Those arms that stretched out on that rugged cross are the same arms that are holding You and I. The hands that crafted every mountain are the ones reaching for us now. The eyes that crafted the sunlight and the autumn leaves are watching out for us.



And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours. It was right that we should make merry and be glad, for your brother was dead and is alive again, and was lost and is found. Luke 15:31-32

For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

No comments:

Post a Comment