Thursday, September 17, 2015

Life is all grace

Tonight I was listening to Boasting by Lecrae and teared up. This just goes to show the state I'm living in right now - who gets watery eyes from a rap song but one who is experience deep, earthy gratitude like never before? 

Tomorrow's never promised, but it is we swear.
Think we holding our own, just a fist full of air.
God has never been obligated to give us life.
If we fought for our rights, we'd be in hell tonight.
Mere sinners owed nothing but a fierce hand.
We never loved him, we pushed away his pierced hands.
I rejected his love, grace, kindness, and mercy.
Dying of thirst, yet, willing to die thirsty.
Eternally worthy, how could I live for less?
Patiently you turned my heart away from selfishness.
I volunteer for your sanctifying surgery.
I know the Spirit's purging me of everything that's hurting me.
Remove the veil from my darkened eyes.
So now every morning I open your word and see the Son rise.
I hope in nothin, boast in nothin, only in your suffering.
I live to show your glory, dying to tell your story.

The idea that if we got what we wanted, we'd be dead in our sins, strikes a chord with me every time. God only gives for our good. Every time I've ever complained or thought something was unfair, God gave it to me for my good. That should change everything for me. My entire life is an enormous, gracious present that I get to unwrap every day what a beautiful thing 

No comments:

Post a Comment