Monday, September 28, 2015

Handstand a day


I was running myself crazy yesterday and this morning. It was only when I was driving to yoga that I figured out why:

I was reacting to my roommates' departure. J and E left for a six month Southeast Asia adventure yesterday. Even though I hadn't consciously processed my feelings about that through, I was clearly distressed at least on some level. 

So during my practice, I just tried to acknowledge my reaction without judging it or trying to manipulate it. I actually ended up a little tiny bit teary eyed in savasana (take that power yoga haters); it wasn't good or bad, it's just something that happened, and it's ok. 

I told Elizabeth I'm going to take a picture of myself doing a handstand every day she's gone. 

Today we did something a little different in class that reminded me of training pirouettes on bars: handstands with one hand on a block. It surprised me how easy, comfortable and familiar it felt. I was able to kick up on both legs and find balance to hold a handstand. Here's me doing it at home. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment