Friday, September 6, 2013

With Reverence and Awe


Today I read in Deuteronomy, 

Take care lest your heart be deceived and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them. 11:16

I wrote in my journal, 

Oh what an admonishment this is! I know the deceitfulness of my own heart, how easily I turn and create idols for myself with which to replace the Lord. How easy it is to worship Him in word only, and in actuality worship the things He created for His glory. 


I've started reading With Reverence and Awe by DG Hart and John R. Muether. I really enjoy reading books on worship, because I know that true worship glorifies God and humbles the human heart. I love reading about the biblical grounds for worship, and always find my hands forming the shapes of chords as I read.

I seriously cannot more highly recommend reading all of the books from the Take Up and Read "list", from the song Shai Linne and others. Every book, combined with regular reading of the Bible, works truth into my heart. Amazing. If you want a copy of the list, I'd be happy to oblige!



No comments:

Post a Comment