Monday, September 16, 2013

A Hundred Times a Day

People were given a direction for their good. They refused to follow that direction and actively rebelled against it. 

The fall? 

My life. 

It seems like a hundred times a day, my children actively disobey me. They can tell me what they should be doing, they can promise me they will do it, and then continually run off in the wrong direction. 

People need to be pulled by the hand and lead to joy and life. They must be pursued. 

The gospel? 

My life. 

When a child runs the wrong way, I bring him back. I take his hand and lead him step by step. I show her the way. And a hundred times a day, when she runs, I will bring her back and show her the way. 

A hundred times a day, I see the gospel playing out right before my eyes. I know that my kids will get more lasting joy by listening to me but all they can see is the moment of fun set before them. So they pursue their wants and I pursue them and when they listen they say, hey, that is fun. Thank you for teaching me gymnastics. 

And then next week, we will start over again because I need to see grace a hundred times a day and if disobedient children can show me Jesus, then I want them. I want to know them and love them and show them all the grace an patience with which God has led me. 

I drew them with cords of kindness...

No comments:

Post a Comment