Monday, October 1, 2012

Taking Out the Trash

But history repeats itself
Evil's what it is
Cause Lucifer was cast away for doing what I did
Created by the God who spoke the earth into existence
Instead of chasin the Father's glory, he was chasin his
He lies to us all
Told Adam he could ball
Why you followin God when you could go get it all
I'll tell you what's better
Or better yet worse
Chasin your own glory while doin the Lord's work
So holler if it hurts
Cause we were made for greater
Our greatest satisfaction is making His name famous
So if we're never named among the greatest, they don't critically acclaim us
Ain't nothin to be ashamed of - we gave it up for the Savior

There's a reason that Chase That has been one of my favorite songs for over a year now. It's so true. And now, I'm learning about a whole other level. Remember those iniquity patterns from Isaiah 14? They come from Satan's exact line of thinking. They outline how he fell and where we go wrong.

I can have some worship
I can have more worship
I can have all the worship
That worship belongs to me
Why should I share my worship?
God is taking my worship
He has no right to take it
I must discredit Him so that I can get all the worship.

As Mimi teaches on iniquity, there have been so many "ouch" and "whoa" moments. It's so convicting, having all of our foul motives laid bare, but also so fulfilling. The Lord wants to fill us up, so the garbage must come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment