Friday, October 19, 2012

Starfish

This week, I volunteered at and sat in on the Starfish Community Expo, an international network of for Business Development, Humanitarian Aid, Disaster Relief, Angel Alert, and Social Media training. It was incredible to be with so many doers and leaders in the global community. I feel so blessed to get to do school like this.

Throughout the course of the week I met with people working in China, North Korea, Mauritania, Kenya, Ghana, Niger, Nigeria, Cambodia, Lebanon, Indonesia, Malaysia, the US, and probably more that I can't even remember.

People shared opportunities to:
Work with children in Ghana
Help pregnant women in China
Run a coffeehouse in China, along the North Korean border (my personal favorite)
Work in an office in Kenya
Come work in the church in Niger

So. I have options, lol.

I even dyed my hair purple for a day, raising money for GOV's Asia trip this winter. Who else can say they dyed their hair purple in a bathroom at Focus on the Family?

Plenty of other silliness as well as meaningful insight came out of this week. Sadly, it's almost time to go back to New York. I love The Mission, but I'm certain I love Colorado more. This weekend, we're packing up and heading out.

No comments:

Post a Comment