Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One of Those Days

You know what I'm talking about. Those days where you feel like poop and can't seem to shake it. The ones where you want to go back to bed and pretend you don't exist. Or in my case, when you just want to pack up and go home.

I have been on such a roller coaster this past week. From being confident and excited to doubting everything and feeling miserable. I feel like I'm saying and doing the wrong things, or not saying and doing the right things. I don't know why I'm here, and guess what? The things I've given up to be here keep haunting me. Everything I'm feeling is easily fixed by just one silly easy run conversation or a commons dinner or a visit to a friend's room or even a walk around the river downtown.

I was reading in The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment yesterday about complaining to God, and how it is possible to address your grievances without losing your contentment. It involves coming before the Lord with a submissive, quiet, humble spirit and heart and making your concerns known to Him. I still don't know what this is going to look like practically for me.

For now, I have a list of things waiting to be done and done they will be.

For thus says the Lord, ‘You shall not see wind or rain, but that streambed shall be filled with water, so that you shall drink, you, your livestock, and your animals.’ 2 Kings 3:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment