Monday, September 26, 2011

Today's The Day

Funny, this post is also about rain :)

College students on a Monday morning are always a little rough. Add 6:30am practice and cool rain showers, and it's a lot rough. My teammates were complaining about what an awful day it was, and yeah, is being soaked down to the bone awesome? Not exactly. But for some reason, I just couldn't get the smile off my face. I was so filled with joy. Maybe it's because of how I started the day.

Unlike most people, I woke up to the sound of rain at 4:30am instead of a buzzing alarm at 6:15. I thanked the Lord for His presence and surrendered the day to Him. I read some of Ezra and Nehemiah and then a few chapters of Matthew. I turned on some worship music and prayed along, in awe of how great our God is.

So by the time I went to the gym, I was awakened to the glory of the Lord, ready to experience Him whatever way He had planned for me. As I ran, with my clothes and body completely dripping, I remembered Betsie Ten Boom who reminded the world that the Bible doesn't say to give thinks in pleasant circumstances, it says all circumstances. The Lord made today, so I'm going to recjoice and be glad in it.



Thank You Jesus for the rain! You are always good, no matter what.


Today is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24


Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will]. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment