Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm In Love

Get out of class, grab some lunch. I was planning out the rest of my free afternoon, taking note of the beautiful weather. I really just wanted to go on a prayer walk, maybe bring my iPod for some soothing worship tunes and my Bible and journal and stop along the river. But in order to fulfill the holy calling God has on this season of my life, I really need to study and do my homework. So, I found myself on the way to the library, yearning for time alone with my precious Savior.

I told myself that if I worked steadily for the next two hours, I could have my last hour and a half before practice in prayer. It was then that I realized that this is a healthy way to be in the world but not of it. Although I wanted the Lord more than anything else, I respected the life He has for me right now. But I made Christ my joy and my reward. Better than taking a coffee break or reading a fun book, I was seeking after more of Him.

Simply put, He is my desire. I'm so in love with HIm.



You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

Without having seen Him, you love Him; though you do not [even] now see Him, you believe in Him and exult and thrill with inexpressible and glorious (triumphant, heavenly) joy. 1 Peter 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment