Saturday, September 17, 2011

Great Are You Lord

I was reading Numbers today, and I was really amazed by the way that Moses was so open about his own inabilities. I know I have such a hard time admitting that I can't do it all. I want to have everything under control, but that's really not my place. And Moses had the wisdom to know that it wasn't his either:

I am not able to carry all these people alone, because the burden is too heavy for me. Numbers 11:14

I mean, wow. Look at that. I am not able. It's such a poignant act of submission; it's Moses saying, "God I can't do this, but I believe that You can, so I'm asking for Your help here". I wish I remembered to do that right away all the time, instead of getting myself overwhelmed and in a mess, because look at the Lord's response to Him:

And I will come down and talk with you there; and I will take of the Spirit which is upon you and will put It upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, so that you may not have to bear it yourself alone. Numbers 11:17

I loved this verse because not only is God going to come down to Moses and meet him where he is, He's going to work through other ordinary people. It's amazing to watch the Holy Spirit move in people because I think it shows God's incredible greatness - that He can take broken vessels as ourselves and use them for His glory.

And do you know what Moses did when He realized how great God really is,

And when Moses heard it, he fell upon his face Numbers 16:4

That was how he told the Lord he needed help, and would rely on Him for it all. I think we can learn a thing or two from this.



Lord, You are strong when we are weak. You are able when you are not. You are great, Lord. You are worthy of all praise. That You come down to us and use us is amazing. Great are You Lord.

And Moses said, By this you shall know that the Lord has sent me to do all these works, for I do not act of my own accord. Numbers 16:28

No comments:

Post a Comment