Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rain Down On Us

Ah yes, cross country season in the midwest. One week there are people dropping like flies from heat exhaustion and the next you're bundled up in all your sweats.

Anyway, today we had a race, and throughout the whole thing I had the song "All My Fountains" stuck in my head, due to the fact that a friend asked me to learn it this week. It was actually a pretty good race song - high energy with some pertinent lines like "I tell myself keep walking on...Your river carries me home...let it flow, let it flow" But the bridge is "Rain down on us, rain down on us Lord" and during the 3.1 mile race, I probably said that several dozen times.

Well, we all know that God answers prayer, so not long after the boys' race started, it began to rain. I just smiled because to me, it was confirmation that the Lord had heard me singing to Him, and He responded - literally!




As they make music they will sing,
“All my fountains are in You.” Psalm 87:7

Rain down, you heavens, from above,
And let the skies pour down righteousness;
Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation,
And let righteousness spring up together.
I, the LORD, have created it. Isaiah 45:8

Let us know,
Let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD.
His going forth is established as the morning;
He will come to us like the rain,
Like the latter and former rain to the earth. Hosea 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment