Friday, July 15, 2011

My Heart Is Overwhelmed

I'm back! Did you miss me? I was out visiting my GOV friends again, the whole crew this time, plus a few new friends. I love being there - deep conversation, new books, fascinating projects, adorable children, great food, fun tunes, shenanigans, and just incredible people. I always think about bringing my computer, but I never do because there's always someone to hang out with and something new to talk about.

If I had to pick just one favorite thing from my trip it would have to be Saturday night worship. They have a prayer room, and it's filled with angels (statues, but I also believe God has annointed that space). Some of the little and big kids team up to play guitar, violin, piano, and "drums" (aka water coolers). Someone is in charge of writing the lyrics out on an overhead so the whole room can see, and having all the sheets in order.

Coming together like that to worship the Lord was so beautiful. It's almost indescribable. I love these people so much and to come together to praise our Savior was so amazing. One of the things that amazed me the most was the age range (18months up to 90 years!). I had 6 year old Hana on my lap and at one point I was crying and she asked, "Kate, why are you crying? Aren't you having fun?" And I said, "Yes Hana, in fact I'm crying because I don't think I've had this much fun in a long time"

I saw the Lord up close, and was just so overwhelmed by the pure beauty of His holiness. Experiencing God like that is like nothing else.



O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness; tremble before and reverently fear Him, all the earth. Psalm 96:9


This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise. Isaiah 43:21

No comments:

Post a Comment