Sunday, July 3, 2011

Getting Lost

"Hey! Do you know where you're going", exclaimed a guy a few years older than me. We were both running on a trail, and he looked lost.

"Not really", I said.

"Oh, you just looked so calm I figured you had a plan"

"No I'm just taking it as it comes. I'll get there eventually"

"How long have you been out?"

I looked at my watch for the first time in awhile, "It looks like about an hour and a half"

"And you're not concerned?"

"Not really"

I offered that we could run together, but he wasn't too keen on trusting someone with no plan.

I think the Christian walk is a lot like that. It's about not knowing, not understanding, but finding joy in the journey. I don't know where I'm going to be in five years, but it doesn't bother me so much. God knows where I'm going to be, and that's enough. I have ideas of things I might like, but the Lord knows what I'll love, what I'm called to do. I think that being lost in who God is will take us exactly where we need to be.

The greatest place to be lost is in the sea of grace. The cross is the most epic symbol of who God is. When Christ breathed His last, we were shown what love is in a way that we hadn't known before and will never surpass. Get lost in grace, and find ourselves. We are to be consumed by Jesus, to be a portrait of His glory.



For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25


According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. Philippians 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment