Friday, July 10, 2015

What's new?

Alright. 

Summer session is in full swing. It's my favorite time to work at the gym and even though my roommates aren't with me, I'm having fun and being stretched and challenged in new ways. 

After 4 months of cycling through some crazy eating and exercise habits, I have now made it two full weeks of normal eating. I think going back to see my parents gave me an emotional release and stabilization...it's hard to describe because my experience was so difficult in so many ways. I'm just going to chalk this one up to a Romans 8:28 thing and call it good. 

I'm in 2 Samuel reading about the life of David and if he isn't an example of how God calls rebels to be his sons I don't know who is. I know a lot of people are praying for Tulian Tchjivdian and his family and church right now after he and his wife both confessed affairs. I think the story of David should be fresh in our minds as we pray for those discipling them and calling them to repentance. Your past does not exclude you from ministry. How many of David's psalms do you think were written after the Bathsheba incident? And that ministry is an ongoing treasure for us today. Affairs are horrible and heart wrenching but those who have them are not exempt from grace. 

Elizabeth is in Germany and everyone obviously misses her because she's beautiful and clever and hilarious and just someone fun to have around. 

Oh and I got a kitten. His name is Malachi and he already has throngs of adoring fans. 

First day home. That bed is rarely right side up. 

Malachi only likes going to bed with me. His bedtime is approximately 9:15. If I am not in bed at that time, he will look longingly at the bed and then at me until I acquiesce. The problem with this is that his wake up call is 4:30am. Which is kind of cool because then I am very awake for 6am yoga but he also licks my face which tickles. 

This is a child made by a child roommate Jordan nannies. Her and her sister adore all of our household pets. 

My cat's first people food was scrambled tofu. The second was hummus. Clearly his mommy is vegan. 

I think that's about it for now 








No comments:

Post a Comment