Friday, June 5, 2015

Psalm 139:24

And see if there be any grievous thing in my, and lead me in the way everlasting. 

This is a big thing to ask. And apart from the righteousness of Christ, a terrifying one. You are asking the God who is all good, all light, all holy, holy, holy, to search your for sin. It will be instantly apparent.

So why bother? Why ask God to point out our sin to us?

If we see our sin, we can be led in the way everlasting. Those who fail to see their sin will miss their need of a Savior. If you think you're doing alright, you will never submit to be led by Jesus.

Early Christians were called followers of The Way. I wonder why...

And you know the way to where I am going. Thomas said to him, Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:4-6 

Oh. Yes.

As I come to the end of this series, I have to say: this psalm is so worthy of meditation and memorization. I am so thankful for my time spent here, understanding the greatness of God and His intimate knowledge of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment