Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thinking Thoughts

Today has been a day.

First off, one of our directors at work was fired. It's kind of a big deal, especially right now, because everyone is left scrambling and confused. The guy wasn't a stellar employee, and it was a long time coming, but we're all still processing. I'm most upset that our company never informed us of the changes. Perhaps it's in process, but when you fire a boss, you should probably tell people about that (I only know because a work friend told me she saw him packing his stuff).

Then, some of us got feedback from our company trainer. My stuff was mostly positive except I apparently spend too much time talking to parents after class...uhhh I have 6 four year olds. Even if I talk to each family for 2 minutes, yes it's going to take me some time. Anyway, one of my roommate/coworkers got it way worse. She was nitpicked at and reamed out unjustly.

Further, this same person's ex-fiance came to drop off the key and didn't even say goodbye or anything to her. It's been a TOUGH season for her and it's just been getting worse.

I also don't know how to be her friend. I have NO IDEA what's she's going through. I don't have a lot to say to her when she talks. So I asked Jesus to give me a burden for her. I called to mind an Eric Ludy teaching/sermon when he talked about putting ourselves in chains in order to set others free. Ring any bells?

For though I am free from all, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win more of them...To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings. 1 Corinthians 9:19, 22-23 

I can tell I'm at a spiritual turning point because I feel so childlike...like everything's brand new. Memorizing Romans 8 has kept me dwelling on what it means to be set free. Galatians 5:1 says that for freedom I've been set free, but just today as I was praying for J, I saw that it's not just for my freedom, but for that of others. Paul felt so strongly about people receiving eternal life that he wished he could be separated from Christ that they would be brought near (see Romans 9:3).

I am praying for that same posture of heart. And I don't know where it's going to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment