Monday, August 4, 2014

The Sprit of Adoption

I'm up through verse 15 and sometimes I sort of know verse 16. By sometimes I mean during the 4 separate times I was working on it throughout the day.

Anyway verses 14-15 say

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

So today I was working that over my tongue and heart all day and then the children. Oh the children.

"Coach Kate, are you and Coach Cassie sisters?"

We glanced at each other at said,

"Yup"

Cassie to me says, "Well, we are"

The kids again:

"Do you live together?"

"You don't look the same"

"One is older"

"You don't have the same hair"

Cassie again, "We were adopted into the same family"

The Word of God is not bound! There is no Jew, nor Greek, nor free man, nor slave, nor male, nor female, for all are ONE in Christ Jesus. All who are led by the Spirit are called His Sons.

Amazing what that Spirit of adoption can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment