Friday, December 27, 2013

Pet and Pray

Ok so my cat hates people. Like she runs and hides from strangers and she stands so that she is just barely out of reach for you to pet her. Don't even try to pick her up or put her in your lap. 

Get it? 

Well last night she was sleeping in my bed. I figured she'd run once I tried to climb in, but instead, she snuggled up right next to me. I fell asleep with her purring by my side. In the 11 years my family has owned this cat, nothing even close to this has ever happened. 

Anyway, as she was next to me, I was petting her and a familiar song came to mind 

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
What a privilege to carry 
Everything to God in prayer 

I don't know why petting my one-time only loving cat made it so easy to unload all my burdens, but it did. She was there and it was a reminder that Jesus is on the throne interceding for me. 

Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? 
Take it to The Lord in prayer
In his arms he'll take and shield thee
Thou wilt find a solace there 

Sprizzo found solace by my side, and I found solace in Jesus Christ 

1 comment:

  1. My cat likes people but usually only sleeps by our feet, but the other day I woke up and he had wriggled himself under my head so I was sleeping on him. Weirdo.

    ReplyDelete