Sunday, April 26, 2015

Yoga Workshop

My first and favorite yoga teacher got a job at some sort of resort or something in Alaska and will be moving there until October ish. He is bouncing out this week, but taught a two hour advanced master flow in Issaquah yesterday. Naturally, I was in attendance. Here's my post practice free write

Just finished a challenging two hour yoga practice and stepped outside to the pine-covered Issaquah alps. Treating myself to a kale berry beet smoothie. During the practice I thought of L and her fight to be healthy for her baby. In a way, I dedicated my practice to her. 

My write was interrupted because Mike, the instructor came by on his way to get coffee. We talked awhile and he gave me his email so we could stay in touch.

Anyway - it's amazing how good yoga makes me feel about my body, and my place in this world, but I think what has most surprised me is how very close it brings me to the presence of God. perhaps it is that deep understanding of who I am that helps me see who He is, and then shows me my life in Jesus. A beautiful circle, a never ending dance. A queuing into reality. 

by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life. Proverbs 9:11

During class, Mike said, "We live in a world where  our wandering always brings us home" I think of how prone I am to wander from the highway of holiness, from the love of Jesus, and how grace always carries me back to the throne. And for all the wandering I do on earth, I know that heaven is home and no power of hell can keep me from the love of Christ Jesus my Lord. My dwelling place will most certainly be with Him. 

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it 
Prone to leave the God I love 
Here's my heart, O, take and seal it 
Seal it for Thy courts above! 

O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you now it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:1-10 

All tings were created by God; therefore all things should cause us to see Him, savor him and sing His praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment