Monday, September 8, 2014

Talking Through the Psalms

I noticed something awesome today on my break at work as I read through Psalm 50 and 51. It shows that David knew who God was and what His standard is. And he also realized how miserably he had failed to meet it.

Psalm 50 ends with God's voice, like this:

The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me; to one who orders his way rightly I will show the salvation of God! 

And here are the first 3 verses in Psalm 51, from David:

Have mercy on me, O God, according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. 

Awesome, right? It's a conversation with the Lord!

But there's more. There's a number of reasons for our salvation, and David found a big one. Years later, Paul would find it to, and Timothy and Peter and so on and so forth -

Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. (verses 12-13). 

We are set free to set others free!

No comments:

Post a Comment