Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Transformation

I was logging some more hours on the roof of the Baobab Center; I wish I would've kept a log as to how much time I've spent up there, but it's a lot.

In any case, I was sitting up there listening to Savior's Here:
"Faith is stirring, hearts are free/Chains are broken when we believe/You are mighty, You come through/We can always run to You. Love that never fails/Arms that never close/Blood that covers sin/Grace that never ends. You have saved us, You have won/Sin is broken, death is gone/Freedom's found us, breakthrough's near/In Your presence, no more fear/Ou Savior's here...You opened the blind eyes, You open the blind eyes"

I was staring out at the street and imagining what revival would look like in Dakar. How would it change the city. Because the gospel does not come without bringing change. And then I saw individuals walking by, and I began to ask a new question: What would knowing Jesus as Lord do for that man, right there? That woman? How would her life change? I just started weeping because I knew. I know what Christ does for people. He takes everything about us and transforms it into a display of His own glory. And that is my hope and prayer for all - to experience the knowledge of our Savior.


 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 


Since we have such a hope, we are very bold, not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:12-18 

This is my motivation for everything that I do: I know what the gospel does, and I will not be ashamed to share it.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment