Monday, May 7, 2012

I Miss The Air

I managed to stay up until 8pm, and slept until 5:30. I didn't want to get up, though, because I knew I really needed sleep, so I stayed in bed until I fell asleep again until 9. I just hung out around the house - playing guitar, doing laundry. Little things interested me, be it the liquid detergent, or even using the laundry machine at all. I ate things that had flavors I was not used to anymore. I met up with my sister (I drove!) and ate pad thai and had my first starbucks in four months. So much has changed with her, it's very strange. 

My mom made awesome burgers with fries and asparagus, which is one of my favorite vegetables. Around 6, I got really tired like I could almost fall asleep. My dad has been really great with letting me talk about Senegal, and he asks questions which helps too. 

I realized, though, that what I miss most today are some of the smells and just the way the air is. It's hard to describe, but I feel an ache for it deep in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment