Sunday, March 4, 2012

Prayer Walking

I love going for walks with the King. As long as I'm dressed appropriately, I can go in any kind of weather. I've noticed that He speaks to my heart differently during different times of day. During the morning, the Lord usually reveals some new aspect of His character to me; the afternoon is an insight of some kind, and evening is when He quiets my heart and prepares me for a beautiful time in His presence. When I get back from a walk at night, all I want to do is be on my face before Jesus.

Since being in Dakar, I hadn't walked alone yet at night, but other girls had said they felt safe and comfortable, so when I felt the Lord pulling on my heart strings, I went. I sung hymns quietly to myself, and when I came back, sure enough, I headed to my room (after greeting my fam of course) and spent time with tears in my eyes, dripping of the sweet sweet presence of Jesus.

In case you haven't gotten the message, Where I Find You by Kari Jobe is a stellar worship album that will draw you deeply into the presence of God. It is everything I love about contemporary Christian music. Here's one of my gut reaction favorites, because from the first moment I heard it, I cried and it rooted itself in my heart.

What Love is This


For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19

If you want to know more about where the song was written from, click here (Also there is an awesome video of Kari and others singing Hallelujah). I always think that the people who write about God the best have had the strongest experiences of Him. It's why I love the apostle Paul so much- when you read His writing, you just know He loved Jesus more than all the world had to offer him. When I hear songs like this, I think about the beautiful experience of Christ that had to have inspired them.

Alxamduyeesu!

No comments:

Post a Comment