Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear Coffee

Listen, I think it's time we talk. I know you've always been there for me - after rounds of late nights and early mornings, after tough races, iced in the sweaty sun, and steamy on chilly winter days. Your bold flavor rarely lets me down, and always brightens my day. Whether black or in a latte or some sugary whole milk concoction for dessert, you're awesome. You've always been my favorite food/beverage item.

But I realized that I can live without you. Sure, you still bring me delight when I see you again, but we're moving to that just friends stage, I feel. It's true, I've met someone else. Mashed up avocado with melted in sugar on a fresh baguette has stolen my heart. You may say it's not going to last, and while you're probably right, I know you'll take me back. Don't consider it a break up; I fear we drifted apart quite some time ago. I still love you, and I always will. I'm just seeing what else is out there.

Love always,
Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment