Friday, April 11, 2014

From Yesterday

I forgot to blog this. Sorry. 

Yesterday we had observations at work. Even though I consider myself to be good at my job, they get me so incredibly worked up. It's hard to describe the anxiety I have over them because it's so senseless but severe. And I've only ever received good feedback from them. 

I was praying over this anxiety on my break yesterday and I was so convicted! The Lord showed me that the reason I get so worked up is because I am so obsessed with myself and my own image/how others see me. But Jesus died to set me free from that kind of captivity! The Lord also showed me how seeing myself as being there to serve the kids can be an antidote to that self obsession. I'm here to reflect God's glory to them, to humbly serve them as Christ has served us. He laid down His life for me; how can I lay down my self for my kids? 

Sometimes we don't see how conviction like this is for our good right away, but when it happens like it did for me, it's easy to remember that it is. 

The Lord disciplines the ones He loves. It's a fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment