Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Recap

I can safely say I just had the most incredible spring break of my entire life thus far. Right when I got to Memphis, we went out to dinner and they asked if I wanted to pray. After we said Amen, I had tears in my eyes. They asked what was wrong, and I said, "My family doesn't do this, it's a rare occasion at school, but I'm here with all of you, whom I love and who love the Lord with all they are". And that was only the beginning.

I spent a week talking with parents and kids about cultivating intimate relationships with Christ, surrounded by like-minded Kingdom brothers and sisters. By day we ministered, by night we fellowship-ed and workedin service to our Lord. On the road we read, sharing what we learned, and sang along to the music. I even got to help write Bible studies that are going to be published. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard or felt that happy. Every day, my journal speaks of happiness and thankfulness.

When it was time for me to go, we of course prayed and hugged. When the girls held me extra long and whispered I love you, I had no idea how I was going to walk away. For a moment, I wanted to just pack up my stuff and move out to Colorado. Beloit? But as comfortable, safe, loved, and free I feel with my dear friends, it's not God's plan for me right now. My friend called every step of the way, and when I was finally home, she said, "We wish you were here, but only the Lord knows His plans for you, and you are needed where you are" Although I am coming out for her wedding in just 4 weeks, I already miss her and the rest of the crew. But I remember that this entire trip was one more of God's undeserved blessings and I am beyond grateful for it.



God, You are good and I am lifting my eyes from my bended knee. You have gifted me with so many precious blessings, the greatest of all being eternal life in Jesus Christ. You are and You were and You will be forever, and I thank You for caring about me and my future and my well being, and that of all your children. Amen

And we know that in all good things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile. Jeremiah 29:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment