Monday, February 7, 2011

Everything Falls...Except God

In the last three days, many things have been falling apart in my life. The concordance section of my Bible has come detached from its binding. My back and left achilles have certainly seen better days. My study abroad interview left me wondering if Beloit was the place for me after all. And I feel like I'm disappointing all these people and coaches in high school who told me I could be a great vaulter one day.

I'm not one to dwell on the negatives, but everything was really getting in my head. Then, two very specific things happened. The first is that I recalled a book by Joyce Meyer about worship; I remembered how she had described the importance of worshiping when you don't feel like it. So I picked up my guitar and played "How Great Is Our God" and "Everything Falls" and found that worshiping the Lord for who He is helped to magnify His glory in my life. Secondly, I had to finish up a Bible study about sin and holiness. It really centered on being in Christ. It made me even more aware of how much I need Jesus, and how in fact, I cannot take a single step without Him.

Because of my sin, I can't have the joy and peace found in the riches of God's glory. But in Christ, I have my sins forgiven and am free from condemnation.

So when everything falls apart, my Father's hands hold me together. Though the world shakes, I will not.



"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. Romans 13:14

No comments:

Post a Comment